I don’t know about you, but when I move a lot, or type a lot, I crave snack. And when I don’t, I do anyways. 😉 There are some super delicious snacks beyond the supermarket shelves that are waiting to be discovered – and enjoyed!
This is a recipe you don’t need neither much time nor ingredients for. You can pack them into your tupper, store them in a jar, and share them to make some other human beings happy and feel loved, too. 🙂
Here is what you need:
- cocoa powder (you can get it fairly traded)
- coconut flakes
I found the ingredients at the market and in small stores that specialise on selling cereals and seeds – that way, I could get them without plastic packaging.
How it works:
- Depending on the state of the dates, you can either use them right away, or you could soak them some time in water. I had some dates that were super fresh and soft, but sometimes they get a little drier if you leave them stored for a longer time. In that case, just put them into water to soak and you’ll get super soft dates.
- Put the dates into the food processor and add cocoa powder
- Take out the mix and further mix in some oats with a spoon – or just get your hands dirty 😉
- Form little balls
- Spread the coconut flakes on a (flat) plate and roll the balls in there, so they get a nice coconut-flakes-cover
Ready! You see, it really doesn’t take much – if you need a little snack you’ll have something close free from refined sugar and preservatives and, depending on where you got the products from, plastic, too. That way, it will neither do harm to your body, nor to the planet. ❤
P.S. If you don’t like coconut, or want to vary a little bit, you could replace it with chopped almonds – just as yummy! 🙂